Parent Involvement and Volunteer Training Classes
- Do you need to gain confidence in your parenting skills?
- Are you searching for employment or need help gaining employment skills?
- Are you interested in helping out in the classroom?
Welcome to PIVOT!
Join other parents in learning parenting, communication and volunteer skills that will help in home and classroom settings. These classes are available to parents, guardians and family members of currently enrolled Head Start and Early Head Start children, as well as community volunteers.
PIVOT Training Topics Include:
- Play: Engaging the Whole Family
- Yoga, Relaxation, & Stress Reduction
- Organic Gardening for School and Home
- Fire Safety & Disaster Preparation
- Resume & Interview skills
PIVOT is an eight month program, consisting of 18 service/training hours each month. Participants will commit to:
- Volunteering in a classroom for 3.5 hours, one day a week
- Attending up to two PIVOT trainings a month
*Childcare and translation are available*
For more information or to register, please contact Heather Gregory, PIVOT Coordinator, at: